THE UNIVERSITY IS:
CAMPUS EMERGENCY ALERTS:NONE
On-campus phone 911
(UM Police) or 911
Other Police Numbers
Police On-campus contingency phone
301.403.4544 or 301.403.4543
University Health Center
Sign Up for UMD's Text Messaging System at www.alert.umd.edu
Emergency Preparedness > Pandemic Flu <- You Are Here
University of Maryland Emergency Plans for Pandemic Flu
The University of Maryland has taken several measures to prepare the campus for a pandemic flu event.
• University of Maryland has formed a Pandemic Flu Assessment Team of campus experts and key response departments to conduct pre-event planning and prepare specific pandemic flu response procedures.
University of Maryland Avian Flu Pandemic Plan
• University of Maryland has developed procedures and plans for supporting ill students who reside on campus, if it becomes necessary.
• University of Maryland is providing flu prevention information to students, faculty and staff, including this web site and our handwashing campaign.
• University of Maryland is working with the Prince Georges County Health Department and the State of Maryland to make sure our preparations and plans are consistent with theirs. In an outbreak or pandemic, those agencies have authority to direct public health actions, including quarantine.
• University of Maryland has an all-hazard
Emergency Plan that details responsibilities, chain of command and response actions.
•What You Should Know About the Avian Flu and University of Maryland Plans for a Possible Pandemic
Every Maryland Student Should Know About the Avian Flu and University of Maryland
Plans for a Possible Pandemic [PDF]
•University Health Center
•Flu Prevention Tips for Terps
•State of Maryland
•U.S. Department of Health and Human Services